Do you create or use data in your research? Looking for tips and tools to better help you manage your research data, and preserve it for long-term use?
On August 22, the UW Libraries is offering Data Management Planning, an asynchronous online workshop for UW community members engaged in research with data. Topics will include getting started with data management planning, funder requirements for data sharing, metadata, tips to help keep you organized, sharing, archiving and preservation, and an introduction to tools and on-campus support to aid researchers.
Full course information and link to registration is below. Contact us with any questions.
Data Management Planning Workshop
A free, tutor-supported online workshop
August 22 - 25, 2016
Duration: Monday, August 22, 2016 - Thursday, August 25, 2016 (4 days)
Time Commitment: Approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour per day, for 4 straight days
Target audience: UW community members engaged in research with data.
Prerequisites: Access to the internet for each of the 4 days identified. A valid UW NetID is also required.
- This module-based workshop consists of activities and peer discussion forums that will provide tips on how to effectively plan for data management over the lifecycle of your research project.
- By asking students to share experiences with one another, this workshop gives you the opportunity to reflect on your research workflow and to see how various techniques and tools can be employed to most effectively manage, share and preserve your data.
- This workshop will take place in Canvas over 4 days, with no fixed participation times (asynchronous).
- Each day corresponds to one online module, which includes a topic overview, resources, activity, and peer discussion forum.
- Discussion forums are the workshop's primary means of 'assessment,' so expect to post to forums daily.
- You will be guided through the course by a team of friendly librarian tutors, who will answer questions and provide feedback.
How to Join:
- If interested, please register via this Catalyst link no later than Friday, August 19, 2016.
- Space in the workshop is limited, and participants will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Students who register after capacity is reached may be placed on a wait list.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Data Services Team.