Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2015

Research Data Management & Physics/Astronomy Librarian Office Hours

The eScience Institute and the UW Libraries are pleased to announce Research Data Management & Physics/Astronomy Librarian Office Hours in the WRF Data Science Studio.

Hours:
Physics/Astronomy Librarian Hours: 1-3p Mondays and 10a-12p Thursdays
Research Data Management Hours: 11a-1p Tuesdays and 1-3p Thursdays

Location: WRF Data Science Studio, 6th floor Physics/Astronomy Tower (map)

During each two-hour slot, librarians will be on hand to provide support and guidance in their relative areas of expertise.  This includes support for finding and accessing data, data management planning, data organization, reuse of data, data sharing and storage, data citation, instruction, literature review, publications, citation management tools, physics / astronomy / mathematics research, and more.

Some representative questions we have helped with in the past:
  • The funding agency for my grant requires me to share my data.  What are my options?
  • Can you help me prepare a data management plan for a grant proposal?
  • Are there standards in my field I should be using to describe my data?
  • I’d like to get a DOI for my dataset to include in a journal publication.  Can you help?
  • What can I do to keep track of my HEP citations? I need to keep projects separated.
  • I’m looking for a cosmology paper presented at a conference last year. Does the library have it?
  • How can I access Journal of Physics G: Nuclear and Particle Physics from home?


No comments:

Post a Comment